I have passed through Natchez Ms. many times, in working for the State of Mississippi and being that the area I grew up in Louisiana is only 50 Miles away.
I think Natchez has a charm to the leisure walk of the older part of the City. It holds many memories for me as a young man. That topic for another day.
Here are the photographs:
To understand the scope of the water flowing in the Mississippi River, it is a mile and half wide at this point in the River, look at the bridge and how it expands across, the volume of water is unbelievable.
Today is was 326,000 cubic feet per second (kcfs).
Think of that ...
Here is the Mississippi River at Natchez Ms, photographed at Sunset by me, yesterday.
A lil bit up from where I was taking the photograph was a Viking Cruise Ship, with a lot of Yankees and French Folks on it. We were dining at the Magnolia Cafe Under The Hill and had lively conversations with all the folks there. Yankees couldn't believe we held the door open for them to walk-in before us. The French loved our accents.
No comments:
Post a Comment