25 Years Ago Today, I was at Camp Bearegard, in my office, when the Chief of Security ran into my office and said that the news had just announced that the World Trade Center had been hit by an airplane. I went across the hallway to his office, since they had a tv in his office. As I stood there, watching that TV screen, I saw the second plane hit the other tower of the World Trade Center. As news came on, it was learned that another plane had hit the Pentagon in Washington, DC. My Little sister was working at the Pentagon at the time; however, she was across the street in another office building. Thank the Good Lord.
All commercial airplane flights were shut down that day. I remember going outside the office and looking up at the blue sky. No jet trails; it was an eerie sight that day.
I tried all day to reach my little sister and finally did; she was ok.
On that day, our world as we know it changed. I'm not sure, after all that has occurred in the 25 years since then, if it was for the betterment of our country. I feel we are safe now, but the changes that occurred suggest we have given up some of our freedom. Which might be the cost in these times.
Let Us Never Forget, this Day, our country Stood Together !!!
4 comments:
It's amazing to think about how we all came together as a nation, despite political differences. Today the chasm seems so wide in our country.
I concur with Michael.
My farrier was at my place on that day.I pulled the tv out of the tack room and we watched while trying to trim hooves. I do not feel safe.
I suppose everyone remembers that day and where they were. I would like to see the nation together again.
Post a Comment